Deposit and Balance Payment: The deposit amount is 30% of the total trip cost. The deposit amount should be made to Ultimate Expeditions® at the time of booking. Final balance payment is due 60 days prior to arrival date. If booking date is within 60 days of arrival date, the total trip price is due. Failure to make full balance payment by the due date may result in forfeiture of the trip deposit and any partial balance payments. Ultimate Expeditions® reserves the right to cancel any reservation should timely final payment not be received. It is the client's responsibility to ensure payment is made by the due date. Payment may be made by credit card (Visa and Mastercard). Payment may be split among separate credit cards or charged entirely to one credit card. Final balance will be automatically charged 60 days prior to arrival date to the credit card on file.
By submitting a completed booking form to Ultimate Expeditions®, you agree to pay the total trip cost according to the card issuer agreement. You authorize Ultimate Expeditions® to charge your credit card for the deposit amount upon receipt and to charge the balance 60 days prior to arrival date. You acknowledge that you have carefully read the Ultimate Expeditions booking conditions including its policy on cancelled trips and refunds, fully understand its contents and agree to all stated conditions.
Refund, Cancellation and No Shows: A full refund of the deposit will be made if Ultimate Expeditions® cannot confirm your booking. Otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable. If you decide to cancel your trip, Ultimate Expeditions must be notified in writing via fax. Your trip will be cancelled from the date written notice is received. If written notice is received 61 or more days from trip departure, 70% of the total trip cost will be refunded. If written notice is received between 31 and 60 days from trip departure, 20% of the safari cost will be refunded and 50% of all other trip costs will be refunded. If written notice is received less than 30 days from trip departure, the total trip cost is non-refundable. There will be no refund if a client cancels a trip, or leaves a trip for any reason either voluntarily or involuntarily after the trip has begun. No refund will be made for any services not utilized.
Travel Insurance: Valid travel and medical insurance is required to participate in the trip. Insurance should cover high altitude trekking, medical and repatriation costs, trip cancellation and emergency evacuation. Client must be able to provide proof of insurance to staff upon request.
Changes to Itinerary: Trip dates are firm and cannot be changed. Any other amendments, such as rental gear, hotel accommodations, airport transfers, etc. made to the itinerary within 60 days prior to the arrival date are at Ultimate Expeditions®'s discretion and subject to a service fee of $100 per person.
Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risk, Release and Indemnification
In consideration of the services provided by Ultimate Expeditions®, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants and all other persons or entities associated with or acting in any capacity on its behalf (collectively referred to as “Ultimate Expeditions®”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge Ultimate Expeditions®, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representative and estate and for all members of my family, including minor children, as follows:
1. I am aware that, during the trip or activity, I may be subjecting myself to dangers and hazards, which could result in physical or emotional trauma, illness, injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, property and/or third-parties. I acknowledge that high-altitude mountain hiking entails known and unanticipated risks including, among other things: the hazards of traveling in uneven mountainous terrain and slips and falls; being struck by rock fall, ice fall or other objects dislodged or thrown from above; the forces of nature, including lightning, weather changes; the risk of falling off the rock, mountain; the risk of exposure to insect bites or animal attacks; the risk of altitude and cold including hypothermia, frostbite, acute mountain sickness, cerebral and pulmonary edema; my own physical condition; and the physical exertion associated with this activity. Additional dangers may include the hazards of traveling in the Third World; risks associated with viewing wild animals; accident or illness in remote places without access to emergency medical facilities; war, terrorism and other forces. I understand that this description of risks is not complete and that other unanticipated inherent risks may occur. I recognize that such risks, dangers and hazards may be present at any time during the trip. I also am aware that medical services or facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some or all of the time in which I am participating in the trip.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in the activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ultimate Expeditions® from any and all claims, demands or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Ultimate Expeditions®.
4. Should Ultimate Expeditions® or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this Agreement, I agree to reimburse them for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I am medically cleared to participate on this trip.
6. I certify that I have the required travel insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, and I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
7. I understand that Ultimate Expeditions® contracts with independent contractors to provide services on the trip or activity, including transportation, accommodation, and guide services. I understand that Ultimate Expeditions® has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the actions of any contractor involved in providing services on the trip. Ultimate Expeditions® shall not be held liable for any injury, damage, and loss delay and irregularity that may be occasioned for any reason, including, but not limited to, any defect in vehicle, the acts or default of any company or person engaged in conveying passengers, acts of God, detention, delay or expenses arising from quarantine, terrorism, war, strikes, thefts, pilferage, force-majeure, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, accidents by air-craft, boat, bicycle, or any other (non) motor vehicle, or any hotel, inn, restaurant or accommodation, failure of any means or transportation to arrive or depart as scheduled or changes in transit, hotel, inn, guest house or camping service.